I believe that our lives speak to us in many different ways, some more subtle than others.
- Through our bodies
- Through those whispers and tugs we get when our souls light up at an idea or desire.
- Through our environments
- Our joy
- Our anger
- Our inspirations
- Our frustrations
- Discomfort in your body
- Your Breathing feels forced or tight
- That same idea (word, book, etc.) keeps coming up
- You just get this tug, this feeling of “yes,” or curiosity of wanting to explore “it” some more.
- You are constantly craving something
- You find yourself having an emotional reaction in a way that seems unexpected (An example for me: If I hear a song with a message that feels like my heart needed to hear, I just start crying.)
- Your space is in chaos. When I am what I refer to as “checked out” you can tell it by the way I do (or don’t) take care of things around our apartment. My stress, anxiety, etc. shows up in my actual physical space. Maybe it’s the same for you.
One of the biggest gifts we can give ourselves is awareness.
- Get a notebook, journal or sketchbook whatever size feels right to you (make it appealing but not something so precious you just wont write or glue in it)
- Make notes of those things you would like to explore, what inspires you, words, quotes etc that inspire you or that you have a strong reaction to ( I often refer to these as Soul Notes). Gather images from magazines (through your phone or camera too) of things that inspire you.
Heather Shafer is a certified Dream Coach, and an Inspiration/Authentic Living Coach. She believes that connecting to our deepest and most creative Selves is critical to living our best, most powerful, lives. Heather’s purpose in life is to learn to express herself fully and authentically, and to inspire others to do the same. Her website features inspiring stories, tips and ideas to help you live an empowered life. You can also connect with Heather on Twitter and Facebook.